Cottage Island in Lough Gill is also known as Gallagher's Island, but everybody in Sligo calls it Beezie's Island.
It was named after Beezie Gallagher who lived on the Island. She regulary rowed from the island into Sligo town until her death in 1951
The ruins of the cottage are still on the island. The island itself is mainly open meadow and trees, trees slowly taking over.
The island suits itself well to pitch a tent or having a summer BBQ.